- What is your favorite thing to do (other than workout at CrossFit Dover)?
Hiking, traveling, gardening and expanding the bird sanctuary in our yard which includes 48 gourds for purple martins.
- If you are going to treat yourself, what is your favorite “cheat meal”?
- Where would go and what would you do on your dream vacation?
Hiking, especially Grand Canyon; visit all the National Parks!
- If you could have any career, what would be your ideal job?
I’ve been a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for over 20 years – My ideal job would be a roving CFO for a few businesses; where the owners value my talents and we work together to obtain the business growth the owners are looking for.
- What is your favorite CrossFit movement or workout?
Box step ups (best exercise that replicates hiking in the Grand Canyon). I don’t aspire to be the strongest or the person with the highest reps — which I guess goes against the CF model. CF has allowed me to get in better shape, stay healthy and lets me accomplish what others would call ‘extreme hiking’ at 54 years young!
- Anything else you’d like to share (fun fact, interesting information about you, etc.)?
This May will be my 3rd and 4th Rim2Rim2Rim hike at the Grand Canyon (south rim to north rim and back) – 49 miles round trip! One is tentatively planned as a continuous hike – trail time estimated to be over 24 hours!